Followers

Sunday 14 April 2013

Sad on Sunday


I had the saddest news last night, my lovely friend and neighbour Marina has been diagnosed with Leukemia, it is incurable. The doctors are monitoring her blood levels and she may be given chemotherapy at some point. at the moment her bloods are level and she is coping well.

She has come to terms with this as best she can and is looking to being reunited with her beloved husband .
 We shed a few tears and shared some "do you remember" giggles.  We vowed to enjoy as much time together as we can.

Once she left we chatted for a while and then settled on the sofa, Michael snored through whatever Fran was watching on the TV, I read some emails and some blog posts. Bertie was snoozing on his bed Ben picked up on the vibes and tucked himself close to me.

Suddenly he sat up and focused totally on Fran,

He then turned himself round in one hop to do this

Which quickly became this

seconds later he was lying across me on his back demanding my undivided attention, Fran was now doing the dying fly and incapable of taking another pic.

He is such an affectionate dag and his antics eased the tension and we finally went to bed in a relaxed frame of mind. 

I have photos of my sewing and will post it tomorrow. TTFN  Pam

10 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your friend.
    Dogs pick up on moods don't they? That looked like a lovely kiss, what a lovely face he has.

    FIB. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely and he has a very expressive face, if he feels affronted for any reason hie sits up tall and looks down his nose, he can vary this look from heartbreakingly sad to so haughty.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear your sad news - I'm sure that dogs do sense when you're feeling sad - it was perhaps his way of saying 'cheer up' bless him xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure that pets pick up emotions, probably from body language. He certainly cheered us up.

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear your news, it will make the quilt you made for her so much more special. Love your little dog, what a cute little face, pets are great for soothing away the stresses and strains.

    Take care
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marina took her quilt home and slept under it that night, I hope that it gave her as much comfort as it did me.

      Delete
  4. I am really sorry to hear about your dear friend. You are so lucky to have each other.

    What a special doggie too. Picking up on your feelings is so perceptive.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I new that I was lucky on the day that I moved here when Marina popped in to say that dinner would be ready for us at 5 so we would not have to worry about finding crockery etc .

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear about your friend, it is numbing when you get that sort of news,but it suddenly puts less important things in their rightful place. I think animals are more in tune with our emotions than we credit them with, and they are very good at comforting us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are making a day of it today, off to Market Deeping to a Quilt shop and the garden center, as it is sunny we are taking a picnic.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.