Followers

Thursday 11 December 2014

To Fringe or not to fringe, that is indeed the question.

The body of the Poncho is done, all I have to do now is finish it off with some sort of trim/edging. I am going to mull it over and see if I can dredge up an idea that I like.

 
 
 
I love it, it is thick and warm and snuggly and not as heavy as you would think.


 
All the ends have been woven in, and these are the trimmings, very little waste and (I hope) enough left on the skeins to make a hat.
 
 
I am pleased with it and walked round the house wearing it until I was cooking.
 
My next woolly thing will be my Aran cardigan, it can wait until the morrow.
 
There were 2 of us for dinner today, and as I wanted something tasty and easy I pulled a Lidl brisket in smoky barbecue sauce out of the freezer. I served it with jacket potato, buttered savoy cabbage, cauliflower and swede and carrots cooked together, oh and some of my own sauce stirred in with the sachet contents. I cooked lots of veg as I fancy bubble and squeak tomorrow. There is plenty of the beef left so tomorrow is sorted.
 
It was an easy washup as well, so by the time I had cleared the draining board, wiped the tops down and whizzed round the floor I had lots of time to amble round with Ben. The rain has all but stopped and the temperature has risen.
I can happily ignore any amount of crafting mess while I am working on a project but my kitchen has to be "just so" before I sit down for the evening. I can think of little worse than facing dirty dishes first thing in the morning.
 
I have Kirsty recorded to watch, so I am off to make a brew.
 
                  TTFN                                                         Pam
 


23 comments:

  1. I have been watching all the Kirsty repeats on channel 4 this week,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have them on my sky box, I can have a "Kirsty session" and then dip in and out as I want.

      Delete
  2. I love this - the colours are so bright and cheerful and go so well together. It will be so warm and cosy with that nice neckline too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy, is it warm. The first dry day I am off out in it to strut my stuff.

      Delete
  3. Loved the tree dressing on Kirsty. I'm the same kitchen has to be tidy before I can relax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 2 of Kirstys books, I must look and see if there are any more. I like the way that she does it how she wants.

      Delete
  4. Thats gorgeous pam , It really looks very professional xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely, I would love to make something else with that ribbing pattern, once the holidays are tucked away I will be looking for a pattern that can be adapted.

      Delete
  5. I love your poncho, I like the roll neck on it too stops the draughts, I am not a lover of fringing on clothes I find they get caught up on things, looking forward to seeing your aran knitting :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a fringe lover really, I may just leave it as it is, I was thinking about an edging of flowers or pompoms, I love them. Perhaps I will pin a few on and see what I think.

      Delete
  6. The poncho looks great, love the colors you've chosen, the one in the book looks great with the fringing but personally I'm not a fan it bugs the life out of me if they're not all hanging down properly! I know I should get out more lol.
    We recorded Kirsty too, even Mr B likes watching her programmes, I didn't know it was on all week.
    Your meal sounds delicious, we like to put brisket in the slow cooker, it just falls to pieces mmm.

    Peg x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cheated and bought the meat ready cooked in a vac pack, it was half price at £2, not bad when you can get 3 good meals from it, the sauce was a b.it sweet so I added some of my own and a spoon of my chilli jam, that git it sorted.

      Delete
  7. Love the poncho! Not a fan of fringe..think it actually looks great as it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynda, I am not really a fringe fan myself.

      Delete
  8. fringing looks great until you launder it. Just a thought but what about crocheting a deep scallop border with each scallop a different shade, rainbow style. Yesterday was a tad trying for me. Grand cubs nativity play and the accursed battery in my car was flat when I tried it! Resorted to public transport and a twenty minute journey turned into two very cold hours. However the nativity was brilliant so I was very glad to have made the effort. Am finally beginning to thaw out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scallop idea is good, I would have to buy more yarn though and it comes in 100g balls so would have oodles left. I will mull it over. Public transport was fantastic when I was a child, now if you do not live in a city or large town it is minimal.

      Delete
  9. The poncho is lovely, such pretty colours. I think a fringe would really finish it off nicely and probably stop the edges from curling. I've aso been watching some of Kirstie's programmes; wish I had the time (and energy...and money...and workspace) to try all those different crafts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a big room for my sewing but it pales into comparison with the space that Kirsty has, but she is being filmed and only has one thing out at a time.

      Delete
  10. Your poncho looks fabulous, so warm & cosy. I like watching Kirstie too, just not enough time for all the ideas I get though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read some blogs and am amazed at the output, I often wonder if they sleep at all.

      Delete
  11. loving the poncho, I WANT ONE !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made this in next to no time, I could have made it in 2 days had I wished. The yarn is so thick it grows at a rate of knots.

      Delete
    2. just waiting for the mag to arrive, going to order yarn if I need it tomorrow! a new year project, like I need another!

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.