Followers

Tuesday 24 March 2015

Another one bites the dust.

That is another lingering WIP done and dusted, there are still several more lurking around the place though.
This cat will be hanging on a wall tomorrow, I am not sure where yet as it is rather big.

 
I am annoyed that it was not until I was quilting that I realised one ear is bigger than the other, I must have had the wrong specs on when I pieced it.

 
I think that she looks a tiny bit supercilious, her whiskers are better than they look but they are thin strands of cotton, I could not give her thick ones.
 
I finished my catch up cleaning today, made a cake to share with friends. Just a Victoria Sandwich with home made plum and damson jelly and fresh cream, divided between 3 it is a treat not a pig out.
 I have not had any yet, I am still full of roast Lamb, I got a half shoulder from the local shop reduced to half price £2.99. There was enough for 2 roast dinners and 2 more meals for the freezer. It is nice to push the boat out for a guest and even better when it is painless.
 
Ben and I were caught in the hail today, twice. Luckily it was short-lived both times and the sun was soon shining again. I was pleased as this morning I pulled a pile of summer clothes out and washed, now I have them to iron.
 
It was too cold to work outside today and tonight should bring very low temperatures and a sharp frost. Every thing in the greenhouse is wrapped up nice and cosy.
 
I have finally caught up with Poldark, I watched while stitching the binding down. I think that I would have enjoyed it more if I had not read the books or seen the original. I have it on to series record and will watch 1 more before I make my mind up whether to continue watching.
 
I have a book on the go, just chewing gum for the brain, by a new author for me, Jojo Moyes. I am not sure if I will get to finish it, I will give it another 100 pages.
 
I am quite tired this evening, an early night beckons.
 
Now I think a cuppa is in order and possibly a slice of cake, well I don't want to waste it.
 
                TTFN                                                      Pam

14 comments:

  1. All the best quilt cats have different sized ears!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, who knew that!, not me. purrrr.

      Delete
  2. love your wall hanging. I have a number of WIP that need attention. Just started knitting a baby blanket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sadly neglecting my knitting, it weill happen, it has to happen.

      Delete
  3. Lovely patchwork as always, we had heavy rain and hail here, but I was so very pleased with it, my poor garden was parched.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had rain last night, there should be some in my new water bins.

      Delete
  4. I love JoJo Moyes! I read for escape and it is usually just what I need!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have her first book, and am just getting into it.

      Delete
  5. The slightly bigger ear gives it a more unique feel, I hate things being too perfect. I think your quilt looks lovely as always x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not going to angst about it, I am just puzzled as to how I did not see it earlier, now I think it gives her character.

      Delete
  6. That cat picture is so cute.
    I always say spring hasn't sprung until we've had one or two hail storms !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well we had 2 so hopefully that means sring is here.

      Delete
  7. I'm really enjoying Poldark but it's all new to me, I haven't read the books nor did I see the original series. I wasn't going to watch it as I didn't think it was my thing but I'm glad I did. I love the wall hanging, the cat is so cute and it matters not that one ear is slightly bigger than the other, you have to really look to tell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying it, but do not feel that I would hate to miss an episode. Not like The Forsythe Saga, I was as gripped by that as most of the population, many churches moved the time of Evensong otherwise there would be no congregation.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.