Followers

Friday 25 September 2015

An unexpected gift.

I had a lovely surprise in the post yesterday, I told you how much I like my new magazine. Well they sent me a little gift.


This was by way of an apology for the delay in publication. I will enjoy making some of the patterns up. It will wait until I have made a few more butterflies though.

I had an early start this morning, woke at 4.30 and could not get back to sleep. The bread is made, a Wholemeal loaf and a batch of Rosemary and Black Olive rolls. Let me tell you that they are very good with a slice of cheese in while still hot. I had to wait for 5 minutes as I burnt my tongue the other day.
 Another version of Mum's Apple Cake is in the oven, this one has mixed dried fruit and flaked almonds and mixed spice. It was going to be walnuts but I have used them all.
I aim to make another batch of the mix up and try in muffin cases.

I had every intention of making Apple Butter in the slow cooker last night, but fell asleep on the sofa. When I woke up I went straight to bed, so fingers crossed I get it done tonight, I have never made it before and have no idea what it is like but it looks and sounds good.

There is a new post on the other blog, I did enjoy my dinner last night.

                 TTFN                                                   Pam                                                           






6 comments:

  1. Everybody's up early this morning and doing busy stuff in the kitchen! I must try that apple cake, it's obviously marvellous. Goes well with a cuppa, I imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like unexpected gifts in the post. How nice that you got an apology, it makes a change from all the bad customer service you get these days. I don't mind mistakes, they happen, but to have them acknowledged is good customer service, an apology is all it takes. I hate waking up in the night, I'm doing quite well at the moment but I'm often awake at three in the morning. I couldn't get up and get on with any jobs as I'd wake everyone but my Kindle is a lifesaver, it means I don't have to turn on the light to read, which would wake Mick. Your Rosemary and Black Olive Rolls sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the suggestions on how to get the salt out of my soup, I'll try the boiling water on the bacon next time I make it. I don't like salty food.
    Your Rosemary and olive rolls sound mighty tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love home made bread, I am afraid I use a bread making machine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it nice when you receive something when you're not expecting it! I am hopeless with home made bread I am inclined to eat it all within days of making it with butter and cheese and home made chutney, not good for my diet!
    And I read back at the charity post, my advice is don't!! I sent money off to a charity that came thro' the post and within that following week I was inundated with charity begging letters. I return them all these days without opening them.. they all get return to sender on the envelope, and I think I am giving the post office business!
    Lovely to read how you're doing and Ben I have been away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore apple butter! Never made it though myself .

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.