Followers

Tuesday 15 September 2015

Apologies and Thanks

I do like to reply to all comments but at the moment typing hurts, so please accept my apologies. I have read them all and I thank you all for your commiserations and good wishes.
Sarina, many thanks for your offer of a book, it is not necessary I am glad that you wanted it. Mostly I pass patterns on to the local library, they have a sale on a regular basis and it pays for paper and toner for the photocopier and tea and coffee etc. I often manage to go in when the kettle is on :-).
Dawn, as soon as I am able I would love a felting/crafting session. Not to mention a visit with the new arrivals, specially the goats.
To all who are interested in making a pillowcase dress, just Google Dress a Girl UK and all the details are there. I downloaded a shorts pattern and a peasant dress one. I think that I will be making shorts, both for boys and girls in various sizes. I am also going to look for some multi pack cotton tee shirts and just make a gathered skirt to attach to them, then put a fancy shaped pocket on and make a little cross body bag, I will pop 2 pairs of knickers into each bag as they are also needed and are dirt cheap to buy.
My EPP has been on hold but I only have a little more stitching to do and will have something to share. My crochet hooks and knitting pins are calling to me, I have lots of luscious yarn under the sofa. 
I am going to try having a little of everything on the go, and hope that the different crafts will ease any repetitive stress.
I can drive again, but only for short runs, so Pontardawe and Ammanford are within reach.
Now I have to rest, I sound like a Southern Belle ;-)

                  TTFN                                                     Pam

16 comments:

  1. I like to have 2 or 3 projects on the go at once as well, saves me getting bored with doing just one, currently I'm crocheting a poncho and a blanket, once they're finished I have a couple of lap throws and an infinity scarf waiting in the wings. Well, the yarn for them! It's the same with books - I generally have one downstairs and another in the bedroom. I'm glad you're starting to feel a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dragged the knitting basket out last night and have dug yarn and crochet hooks from under the sofa for a new blanket, I would like to do another ripple but because of the weight will make Granny squares, solids probably I can not face sewing millions of ends in.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you seem to be getting a little better, not long now until you are at full strength I hope x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am improving, not nearly fast enough, although driving yesterday was a bit achy.

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear that your shoulder is improving. I think it's a good idea to have several different crafts on the go at once as the repetitive stuff is so hard on you. Slow and steady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I managed a little knitting last night, a row and a rest, and it was not painful at all.

      Delete
  4. Hope you will continue to get better. I love to read what you've been making, you are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim, I hate being inactive. Not only is it boring, the guilty feelings are horrible, I can hear my Granny saying "The Devil makes work for idle hands, here is a pile of mending"

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you are mending, but I bet it IS ouch as shoulders are like that! I would love a crafting/needlefelting session too. I can bake a cake, Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep taking care of yourself. Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your shoulder gets better, soon. Thanks again for the sewing pattern. I`ll be making new summer tops for next year during this winter. It`ll be put to good use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have looked at my wardrobe and decided that I need nothing new for next summer but have a few gaps for the winter. I stocked up on thick tights from M&S and want to make 2 new winter weight skirts.

      Delete
  8. Hope you are all well soon. It's just terrible when pain keeps you from doing everyday things. I have several projects started but for the life of me, can't get interested in anything. Maybe it's the season changing. I need to get motivated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am on the mend now, I get into the doldrums at times. Those are the times that I make something frivolous, the last one was a little dog shaped bag for Kaitlyn, it was festooned with ribbons and bells. she loved it.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.