Followers

Friday 18 September 2015

Boaring, not Boring.

Each year in Ammanford a Boar Festival takes place, there are stalls and lots of fun things for children to take part in. I found it by chance last year and this year it is in my calendar for Saturday.


If anyone is near enough it is well worth a visit, the park is located down a lane near to the library.




This chap has been made from clothing donated to the charity shop, I have it on good authority that, in the interests of economy and recycling, the apples were scrumped. There are two cheeky robins joining in the fun.


Hiding behind the boar is a little blackbird.

I managed to get several rows of my beanie done and 4 Granny Squares, mostly while watching Night at the Museum 3, I understand that the critics did not rate this film. Well I enjoyed it, entertainment of the family kind, no gratuitous violence, the nearest thing to a "sex scene" was a hand holding moment between "Teddy Roosevelt" and "Sacajawea"
I did feel that Rebel Wilson's character was more of a caricature but did not let it spoil the overall effect. Ricky Gervais was sublime as usual.
I should tell you that I watched this in bed and munched my way through a generous handful of Pretzels and some fresh coconut (10p from Tesco) just chiseled out of the shell and the dark rind cut off.
I had some grated into my muesli this morning, love it.

The rain hammered down at 5 this morning and woke me, Ben elected to block it out and snored away. I will be tackling the ironing today and then just a quick waltz round with duster and polish, not forgetting a foxtrot with the cobweb brush and a quick step with the vacuum. 
What made you think that I watch Strictly? 

            TTFN                                                        Pam

10 comments:

  1. Pretzels in bed sound good, I like pretzels dipped in mango chutney, I hope the weather is good for the Boar Festival unfortunately we are pre-occupied or would have come along :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dipped mine into the last of my Guacamole, lush.

      Delete
  2. The Boar Festival looks really interesting, I love a bit of history and it looks full of it. No rain here today, but we may have matching ironing piles xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decimated that pile and promptly found another heap.

      Delete
  3. The Boar Festival sounds really good fun, I wished we lived a little closer. That Boar on display is really something else isn't it. I've not seen Night of the Museum 3 yet but I will as soon as it's on sky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not manage to go today but it is on the agenda for tomorrow.

      Delete
  4. The Boar festival looks interesting, quite the event. You don't want to shimmy over and attack my ironing pile do you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, on reflection I regretfully have to turn down your generous invitation.

      Delete
  5. I ser you're firing on all cylinders again Pam and going great guns by the sound of things. I am still being pulled every which way by things that need to be done, soonest, and the garden is the biggest pull at the moment, trying to tidy it for autumn. My crafting will have to wait to the dismal winter days I think.

    I've not heard of the Boar Festival, only the Sheep Festival at Llandovery which happens soon. Only in Wales . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish that I could clone myself most days, I have been busy in the kitchen, more washing and ironing and some gardening to boot, dinner is on its way, thank goodness, I could almost eat that boot.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.