Followers

Wednesday 2 September 2015

Muddling along

Nothing much happening here, a mix of sun and rain, both together some of the times. I hoped for time in the garden but did the little bit of ironing there was. Then mooched around, picking things up and putting them back down.
Finally I got stuck in and blitzed the bathroom then went through the house and washed all the paintwork down. Feeling very virtuous I sat at the sewing table and managed to get the binding sewn on my new table topper. I quilted it yesterday but was a bit headachey so left the binding ready to sew.


I used a solid blue for the binding as there is so much pattern in the top. A nice amount of scraps used and another 2 should help get them back to manageable proportions.


The backing is most of some yardage that I bought in a sale years ago. There is still enough left for another project, possibly as binding.

Dinner today will be impossible quiche with loads of salad, I like to use up all the odds and ends from the fridge on Wednesday.

Tomorrow is shopping day, I need to get some coriander seed and mustard powder for piccalilli making.
Dawn from Doing if for Ourselves in Wales has made hers, reading her blog post was a timely reminder that I am down to a small jar. I do not make tons at a time as the basic ingredients are available all the year round. I do vary the veg content depending on what I have.
Then Bovey Belle left a comment on Dawn,s craft site reminding me that needle felting is on my "to do one day" list. Of course I fell in love with the rainbow of felt that Dawn shared and I aim to play with some this winter.
I may have to give up cooking, eating and sleeping to have a chance to try all the things that I want to.

Oh well, better rig up and get Ben out, he does not care what the weather does.
       
        TTFN                                                                   Pam



6 comments:

  1. sleep is for wimps, if you fancy doing some needle felting perhaps we could have a session, I have plenty of books for inspiration and supplies, I keep looking at the ironing then find something else more productive to do :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ironing, what's that?! I just don't do it, neither of us wears anything that particularly needs ironing, thank goodness. Even OH's work uniform is, blessedly, non iron. It's vacuuming that I always manage to put off for something else. Another lovely make, Pam, must be so satisfying using up scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubby does the ironing in our house, I have needle felting in my stats, one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was bought a needle felting kit for mothers day, it's blinking harder than I thought it would be so is on the back burner for now. Love the quilt Pam, I love how you use up scrappy bits for a proper project xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have done some needle felting recently - posting about it tomorrow if you are interested - and found that it was great fun. It needed some concentration to start with, but once you get going it is really enjoyable. I hope you enjoy having a go! Your runner looks great and is a good use for your bits and pieces of fabric. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely scrappy quilt! I have lots of scraps that I want to use like this but they are such random shapes that I don't know where to start. Maybe I should trim them into squares or rectangles first to give me half a chance.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.