Followers

Saturday 21 November 2015

All that glistens is not gold.

Well the weather pundits got it right(ish), during the night the wind howled like a Banshee with toothache and the rain did its utmost to put the windows out. Then by 5.00 this morning all was hushed and I think that it was the cessation of noise that woke me. My first thought was "how much snow have we got" but when I looked out there was only the sprinkle that I had hoped for, glistening and twinkling in the street lights. 
Pretty and enough.
 As I was wide awake I got up and did a little baking.



A tray of chocolate oat cookies.


The latest incarnation of Mum,s Apple cake, sultanas and cinnamon.


Another fat, egg and sugar free tea loaf, I soaked the fruit overnight in some very strong tea and added a bit more flour and a good shake of mixed spice.

I have a batch of Pizza dough proving, 1/4 of it will become cheese and ham rolls and the rest will be divided into 3 and frozen ready for future use.

I did the usual trip into Ponty last night and had a slope round Tesco. I am going to buy the body suits and sleep suits for the new baby, I managed to pick up a couple of bargains. Rubs hands and chortles silently.





2 sleep suits, and 5 little body suits, I aim to gather around 9 or 10 of each up to 3 months.  Only a £3.50 saving but it all helps, Cerys has nothing left of her baby stuff, Kaitlyn was to be the last, ha ha, nature has the last laugh.

I scooped up a few fresh food bargains as well.


These were on a 3 for 2 offer and it went through so an additional saving of 18 p. Nice.




Stir fry for dinner tonight then, enough for 3 with some thread noodles, I will make a hoisin and spring onion sauce.

I also found some 30p a bunch flowers, 90p well spent.


Some sweet smelling blooms in the sewing room,


Ans something a bit more exotic for the sitting room, never seen them before.
While I was in Ammanford yesterday I saw a few shops had Pomello fruit in stock, £1.99 in Lidl, £1.70 in the greengrocers and £1.30 in the market, that will do very nicely indeedy.


Back to the sewing room, all my most used rulers are now on the wall behind the horn cabinet, that will save me rootling around every 10 minutes when I am busy.




My fabric storage has been reduced as I have worked through the stash. I intend to shrink it further in the new year.


I think that is enough for now, the sun is shining and I have washing to get out while it is fine.

Have a good weekend, where ever you are.

                    TTFN                                                Pam




15 comments:

  1. Ooh ... lots of tasty treats for the weekend :-)

    Those little baby suits are a real bargain, and you can't have too many changes when they are that tiny can you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the other two are anything to go by the new baby will be in and out of clean suits like a fiddlers elbow.

      Delete
  2. We are in the midst of a heat wave, third day of 37......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boo Hiss, I know what it gets like in WA this time of year. It is lovely for a holiday but I could not envisage living with it.

      Delete
  3. Is that fruit giant or not, and what the heck do you do with it, I've never even heard of them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a grapefruit cross and as big as a Galia melon. I love them and eat them just like an orange but over 2 days, with help.

      Delete
  4. Great bargains , I love the flowers, flowers round the house really cheer me up, love your storage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like fresh flowers, I have been cutting roses most weeks and there are a few out there still.

      Delete
  5. You get so much done it makes me feel quite lazy. The flowers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I manage to get quite a bit done because I do not sleep much. The flowers smell lovely.

      Delete
  6. Great bargains. I must pop into Tesco's and see if I can get lucky with a few bit for the two new babies expected. Beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time that I shop I head for the reduced clothes raIl and check out the children's clothes, I often find a bargain.

      Delete
  7. The sleep suits are just so sweet. I love sorry but only ever have it when I buy reduced packets of veg like that!! Too lazy to chop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do make a stir fry quite often, I like slicing and dicing my way through the veg, it gets rid of tension in my shoulders.

      Delete
  8. I love pomellos! And what a bargain you got yours for from the market! I am also known to head towards the knock down veg section at Tesco's and bag myself a bargain. You certainly had a great bargain shop :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.