Followers

Monday 9 October 2017

Tearing my hair out.

In the interest of working through the fabric stash I decided to make some cushion covers today. Francesca needs some new cushions and I thought, woo hoo 2 sets of 4 covers, loads of fabric used.

The first set of 4 were made in no time, I used the 3 seam 10 minute block that looks like the Cathedral Window block. Envelope backs  and fully lined, done and dusted and in the post.

Hmm, enough time to get another set done. I should say here that she wanted blues and greens with just a touch of pink. No probs, cut, sew, press and 4 fronts finished. 

Here comes the fly in the ointment.

I can be very anal about certain things, with cushions the backs have to be pretty and they all have to match.

Guess what, apart from a solid green I do not have enough fabric to make 4 sets of backs. I can do 3 and 1 or 2 and 2.

I have shuffled these tops and fabric around about 20 times to no avail.

The solid is lovely but it just won't do it for me.

The patterned fabrics are very pretty but I can not mix them up. I know that they are only the backs and will be facing the sofa, BUT I will know. The fact that they will be miles away in Beckenham means diddly squat, I just can not bring myself to do it.

To add salt to the wound I may not be able to get to Llandeilo at all this week, and I really do not want to buy more fabric anyway, it defeats the object.

The only solution that springs to mind is to have 2 different fabrics on the back of each cushion but have all 4 the same. What do you think?

Now I have to go and knit for a while and calm down a bit.


                    TTFN                                              Pam

Apart from all that every thing is hunky dory, the sun is shining, washing is pegged out and we have leftovers for dinner.
Talking about dinner the veg crumble was great and we will be having it again, For the topping I melted some butter and stirred in oats, fine diced bread, chopped nuts and mixed seeds. Then I added a handful of grated Parmesan and a small piece of cheddar fine diced along with some thyme leaves. Mixed it together and put a good layer on, it was crunchy nutty cheesy heaven.

10 comments:

  1. It would have to be four the same using two fabrics on each. I share your need for them to be the ame but I know I am anal about matching/symmetry! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the way for me, I can not rest easy if I do not follow my instincts on colour/fabric/pattern and so on.

      Delete
  2. That recipe sounds delicious. Where does it come from or could you write it out please? Jax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is and I will go into more detail later today in a new post.

      Delete
  3. I would be going for two different fabrics on each of the four covers. I don't like things that don't match either.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I settled on, I really don't want to buy any more fabric .....yet.

      Delete
  4. I really like the idea of two and two. To me, the opportunity to flip two over to the "back" is a plus. It lets you mix it up a little and go traditional matchy or a little more adventurous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can not tell you how long I thought back and forth about this, in the end I picked one fabric from the front and added in a polka dot that colour matched and used both fabrics on each back.

      Delete
  5. That topping sounds delicious, I will definitely be giving that a try. I would go for 2 different fabrics on the backs, keeping them the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bingo, I am so pleased that I plumped for that on the backs it looks great.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.