Followers

Friday 13 October 2017

Wellies and Driza-Bone

After a decent drying day yesterday the rain came back overnight. It rained gently with a few minutes of dry scattered here and there, I managed to get Ben out and back in one of them, before sweeping down the mountain in a veil of mist and turning heavy.

Now it is sullen and far too warm, I want to fling all the doors and windows open but it is too windy.

It will be a crafting day, the housework is up to date, no ironing lurking and washing basket empty (for a few moments).

I started turning the heels on the latest pair of socks last night so they will be picked up first. Then I have some fabric panels, that I dug out yesterday, to deal with. I have the dowelling for hanging them and Francesca would like a couple for the house in Beckenham. She will be here for Christmas but still decorates at home.

I was shuffling around You Tube this morning and found a tutorial for Christmas makes. That has fired my interest so I need to scrabble under the bed and pull "Christmas" out of hiding. I don't want to buy anything, there is still lots of stuff to be used here, and it is too wet to go out anyway. I have had to drive enough this week without going out for the sake of it.

Dinner tonight will be based on sweet potatoes baked in their skins, we love them and they don't need butter at all just a scraping of black pepper and a pinch of salt. I have no idea as to what will go with them, a forage through the fridge will bring something to mind.

I went to the little charity shop in G C G (the next village) yesterday and picked up a few books. It is many months since I picked up a book and read it all, I found 3 but they are still in the bag, my reading mojo seems to have gone into hibernation. When I think that at times I would go through 4 or 5 books in a week I can not understand it. I was still knitting and sewing, so it is not a question of time but of inclination.

Now I need to get busy or nothing will be done today, once those heels are turned I will pull the backing fabric out for "Operation Panel Making"

                  TTFN                                                  Pam

The title? oh yes, I have evicted the dust from my wellies and dragged the Driza-Bone from the depths of the wardrobe. I am ready for the weather now.

2 comments:

  1. It must be something in the air, I am getting a lot done but very little reading. Windy here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bit of Christmas crafting going on here too. I am loving it.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.